February 16th, 2011
Guys, I am sure this post will interest you it is about women vocalizations during sex. Is she faking or not? Whatever she is faking or really enjoys the intercourse, the fact is we are different about vocalizations. Some of us are quiet other scream like or worst than porn movie etc but what that really means?
Brewer and Hendrie have written a scientific paper (in my opinion it is not a good paper, see the end) about that and it is called “Evidence to suggest that copulatory vocalizations in women are not a reflexive consequence of orgasm”. They did a female self-report to assess how and why they do copulatory vocalizations to 71 heterosexual women between 18 and 48 years old.
Questions were about their sexual life (i.e. number of sexual partners), how they reach orgasm (i.e. self-masturbation, oral sex performed by partner etc) and when it is achieved (i.e during intercourse after or before or in the same time than the partner, before or after intercourse etc). Kind and intensity of vocalizations noises (i.e. silence, scream, moan, words, instructional command etc). How often they vocalize, why and reason even they know that they will have no orgasm (i.e. boost ego of partner, to speed up things for: time limitation, pain, discomfort, fatigue) and finally the consequence of the intercourse and how they feel to have orgasm or not.
What are the results of this self-report study?
When they have orgasm and vocalization?
- The frequency of orgasm achievement is higher by self masturbation, partner masturbation and oral sex compared to vaginal penetration.
- Also this frequency is higher during the foreplay and during the intercourse before partner’s orgasm than during intercourse after or in the same time that his orgasm and afterpaly.
- The frequency of vocalizations is higher during foreplay, the intercourse before or in the same time the partner’s orgasm. So there is an association between vocalization and orgasm during the foreplay but it is dissociated during intercourse.
Why they vocalize?
- 66% of female use to speed up their partner’s ejaculation for many reasons in equal proportion: relief pain/discomfort, boredom, fatigue and time limitation.
- 92% of female think that vocalization boost self-esteem of the partner and 87% use it for this purpose.
- 68% of female would stay with the partner even if they don’t reach orgasm with him and are bad in bed. (OMS* O_O)
- 25,3% of female make vocalization even they will not have an orgasm in 90% of time, 56,2% over 70% of time and 79,1% over 50% of time.
Women manipulated man when they vocalize during intercourse even when they will not have orgasm to end the intercourse or/and to boost the self-esteem of the partner to avoid “emotional infidelity or abandonment resulting in continued access to resources and protection.”.
Why I don’t agree with this paper and some criticism to the method.
I really don’t like their conclusion: “In conclusion, current findings clearly demonstrate that at least one component of female copulatory vocalizations is not a reflexive consequence of orgasm which gives women the important advantage of being able to manipulate male ejaculatory behavior.”. At any time they speak or ask about pleasure during intercourse so they don’t know whether the vocalization during intercourse is associated to pleasure (not necessarily orgasm) or not. Even if vocalization boost the self-esteem of the guy that doesn’t mean there is no pleasure!
Of course some women used it to manipulate and to stop the intercourse for many reasons. But in this study the authors postulate that if vocalization is done when the frequency of orgasm is low it means vocalization is pure manipulation. It is wrong, we can groan per real pleasure without orgasm. Orgasm equal pleasure but no orgasm doesn’t mean no pleasure. Also they postulate that because the frequency of vocalization is high during the partner’s ejaculation. Again, it is not necessarily a fake. They again didn’t ask anything about pleasure, sexual position and so one during this end of intercourse, just before partner’s ejaculation which are generally (ok I generalize my case) associate to an increase the movement of the penis backward and forward inside the vagina in pleasurable position and it has consequence to increase or give a lot of pleasure even if there is no orgasm.
In conclusion and in my opinion/experience, vocalization during intercourse is not meaning a fake even there is no orgasm. We can have a lot of pleasure even without orgasm, something that the authors of this paper have forgotten! So i repeat Orgasm equal pleasure but no orgasm doesn’t mean no pleasure!!! We can enjoy sex and have pleasure without orgasm!
Finally the question is “Are the authors frustrated? or did they found only stupid venal bitch?”.
Brewer G, & Hendrie CA (2010). Evidence to Suggest that Copulatory Vocalizations in Women Are Not a Reflexive Consequence of Orgasm. Archives of sexual behavior PMID: 20480220
*OMS = Oh my Satan, the evil equivalent of OMG.